Welcome to Star Glue Works website

عربى | English Follow Us:

  • scbros
  • IMG 3232s
  • IMG 3289s
  • ent-02
  • IMG 3383s
  • 5146231463 5ffe6fd580 o

In 1940, Albert Serhan Shehfe, having left Lebanon to seek new opportunities in Egypt, started an Animal Glue factory in Alexandria in partnership with an Italian and Greek businessman. Until the 60’s, Star Glue Works was one of three factories in Egypt run by foreigners. Due to President Gamal Abdel Nasser’s nationalization spree, many foreigners fled Egypt including Albert’s partners, making Albert Shehfe the sole proprietor of Star Glue Works. In 1976, Albert’s eldest son Mounir joined the family business and was joined by his brother Nadim in 1979.

In 1982, Albert and his sons partnered with Mr. Robert Geallad and built a new selecting plant for Animal Casings in the FreeZone of Alexandria.  Mounir concentrated his time in expanding the casings part of the business, while Nadim’s efforts concentrated on expanding Star Glue Works.

In 1993, Star Glue Works, with the help of German technology, improved drastically its core product, Glue. In 1997, Star Glue Works moved to Borg El Arab to expand and modernize its premises. It is still run by the second generation of the Shehfe family in the person of Nadim Albert Shehfe.